Have you ever noticed that your skin gets much better after some time spent at the sea? Guess why!
Many people notice skin improvements whenever they are on vacation and go for a swim in the sea or ocean. Even cuts, grazes, rashes, eczema, and psoriasis heal faster. How is that possible?
Our bodies contain the same concentration of minerals and nutrients as seawater does. Amazing, isn’t it? Therefore, it’s no surprise that sea salt is good for our health – especially for our skin. It is packed with skin-loving minerals like magnesium, calcium, and potassium. It absorbs the toxins in the body and on the surface of the skin, including acne-causing bacteria, and works to treat infections and speed up the healing process.
Sea salt benefits for skin:
- Sea salt can fight acne-causing bacteria.
- It restores the skin’s natural pH balance.
- It detoxifies the body.
- It provides vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that the skin needs to stay clear and healthy.
- Sea salt exfoliates to remove impurities that clog pores and promote new skin growth.
- It promotes blood circulation.
- It restores the skin’s natural oil balance.
- It can prevent skin infections.
Can you also use normal table salt as an acne treatment?
No! The difference between sea salt and ordinary salt is the mineral content: Sea salt is filled with important minerals like magnesium, calcium, sodium, and potassium, which all play a key role in our skin’s health.
Sea salt water is one of the best ways to treat your skin, but for those of you who don’t live near the beach: Get yourself some high-quality sea salt from the grocery store.
Method 1: Sea salt face wash
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the sea salt with 1 cup of distilled or boiled water (you can also add a few drops of oil like coconut or lavender).
- Pour it in a spray bottle and spray it on your skin.
- Massage in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- Rinse with water and pat dry.
- Repeat daily for the best results.
Method 2: Sea salt mask
- Mix equal amounts of sea salt with water and make a paste.
- Wash face with warm water to open the pores.
- Apply the sea salt paste on acne-affected skin with fingers tips.
- Massage gently in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Again rinse with cool water to close the pores and pat dry.
- Apply moisturizer and repeat twice a week.
Method 3: Sea salt for pimples and spots
Make a thick paste of sea salt and water and apply it on pimples or individual spots. This dries them up and brings them to the surface more quickly. Let the sea salt paste stay on your skin for 15 minutes and then wash your face with water.