Two easy ways to get healthy feet
To be honest, it’s not our favorite topic, but let’s talk about feet! We all know, cracked heels are very unaesthetic and foot odor can be embarrassing. But instead of being ashamed of your sore feet, use these home remedies to fight smelly feet and get healthy feet.
Get rid of smelly feet with coconut oil
Oils tend to work better than lotions because lotions absorb into the skin more quickly. Coconut Oil is a great moisturizer and helps to heel your dry feet. It also fights fungal and bacterial infections and smelly feet, as it has lauric acid which kills bacteria that causes foot odor.
For your smelly feet remedy, mix some mild liquid soap in a foot tub filled with warm water, before going to bed.
- Soak your feet in this warm soapy water for about 5-10 minutes.
- Then use a pumice stone or a loofah to gently scrub off the dead skin cells.
- Rinse off your feet with clean water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Apply coconut oil generously on your feet and wear a pair of clean white socks overnight.
- The next morning, remove the socks and wash your feet.
- Do this daily for several days until you are satisfied with the results. Follow this remedy daily until your cracked feet are healed completely.
Just a thin layer of coconut oil, especially right after bathing, will help quickly reestablish the skin’s natural defensive wall, and prevent foot odor for most people.
Heal sore feet with Epsom Salt
A detoxifying foot bath with Epsom salt is soothing for aching feet and facilitates the process of healing cracked feet as it promotes circulation. Epsom salt can also minimize the smell coming from your feet as it fights microbial infection and neutralizes foot odor.
Add one-half cup of Epsom salt in a foot tub filled with warm water.
- Soak your feet in it for 10 minutes.
- Gently rub your feet with a pumice stone or a loofah for a few minutes.
- Put your feet back in the Epsom salt soak for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, dry your feet thoroughly and apply a moisturizer or petroleum jelly.
- Repeat this once a week.
To make your feet even more pretty, you should take care of your nails. Try Women’s Best’s True Beauty collagen drink for stronger nails, radiant skin and thicker hair.